Seminars and Hands-on Workshops
Markus B. Blatz, DMD, PhD
“Evolution of Digital Dentistry”
An Update on Ceramics, CAD/CAM, Bonding, and Implants
The recent evolution in ceramic, adhesive, and CAD/CAM technologies is breathtaking and offers a whole new range of aesthetic, less invasive, and long-lasting treatment options in restorative and implant dentistry. However, there are many open questions and straight answers are hard to find.
What are the fundamental aesthetic treatment planning guidelines to select the best materials and treatment options for our patients considering the large variety of silica-based, high-strength, and hybrid ceramic materials available today? How to best integrate digital workflows and resin bonding technologies?
How to design new smiles and handle bonded laminate veneers? Do different ceramics require specific laboratory and clinical treatment to function properly in the mouth? Is all zirconia the same? How to cement different ceramics? What are the best materials to restore dental implants? And, in this age of “evidence-based dentistry”, what is the scientific evidence on all of these topics?
This presentation will answer such questions in an unbiased manner and provide an update on aesthetic, less invasive, and long-term functional treatment options from conservative laminate veneers to implant-supported full-mouth rehabilitations. Case selection, tooth preparation, dental implants, digital manufacturing in the dental laboratory and in clinics, fundamental material science, as well as cementation and bonding techniques of ceramics based on decades of research and the latest scientific evidence will be presented.
- Understand and implement fundamental esthetic and treatment planning guidelines
- Differentiate modern ceramic and hybrid materials and their indications
- Learn about CAD/CAM technology and its diverse applications to fabricate indirect restorations
- Understand strategies for success with ceramic restorations for teeth and implants based on the current scientific evidence
- Apply adhesive dentistry concepts in combination with indirect restorations
- Understand guidelines for successful and long-lasting esthetic restorations from laminate veneers to full-mouth implant-supported rehabilitation
3 CE Credits
Regional Business Manager-East
“3Shape TRIOS, Growing Your Practice for a Simplified Digital Workflow”
- An overview of 3Shape as a company and its mission
- What makes TRIOS the #1 selling I/O scanner
- TRIOS Software and Apps
- TRIOS Ortho and Clear Aligner workflow
Through hands-on instructors, you will:
- Explore the benefits and features of the 3Shape TRIOS Scanner
- Understand how TRIOS digital impressions can help create an accurate final restoration
- Learn about how to scan and send to lab or produce in-house
- Observe workflow of scan from start to finish with live scan
- Practice scanning on typodont or 3Shape Territory Manager
3 CE Credits
“Dr. Chiche makes his class very interactive and fun. Knowledgeable and passionate, Dr. Chiche showed us impressive cases while being a humble and approachable speaker. I loved the class and will definitely attend another in the future. ADES organized the course very well. The location and class room were very comfortable and convenient, the food was good, and the whole atmosphere was nice because it was a small size group. Great job!”
Dr. Sam Khayat
“Attending Dr. Gerard Chiche’s seminar is one of my continuing education highlights to date. ADES is always prepared in providing a great learning experience. Dr. Chiche’s seminar is comprehensive and a product of his passion for the profession, painstakingly created and beautifully rendered. A must-attend seminar for clinicians looking to achieve clinical excellence in the science, art and innovation of aesthetic dentistry.”
Husam Almunajed DMD, MS